Thursday, January 16, 2014

The thing about life is sometimes it’s impossible to find the good in it. A day of awkward encounters, mean words, and stressful work and other times perfection in the smallest meaningless things; standing in an empty parking lot as the snow falls softly from the sky, beautiful, inhuman, without expectations, for itself or me. A moment that although already ending feels like it will go on forever. Or this moment writing in a hallway busy with life, drinking a hot cup of tea, a pink pen. Moments I wish I could enjoy in the moment. The thing about life is it is made up of moments. And maybe in this moment my pants are too tight and there is a hole in my left sock, and I need to wash my hair. But this moment is also a moment where I watch two people across the hallway connect. A moment where I overhear a conversation between two loved ones. A moment where I see a tired woman sit down with relief. It is a moment of life and that is the very most I can ask of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment