Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I don’t want to be a main character. Let me explain. I read a lot, watch a lot of TV, and movies and I write, or at least I try to. I know a lot about protagonists, antagonists and main characters in general. They are fully rounded people with strengths and weakness. There are also subsequent characters, which are often flat, showing only one emotion, or defining characteristic. They serve their purpose and then they are gone from the story. Readers or watchers often only remember them for one particular reason, whether it be their excitement or information or something else more interesting and prevalent to the story. Sometimes when I watch TV or read a book, I identify with one of the main characters but I want to identify with a flat character. I want to disappear into a crowd. Be a character in a story that a reader forgets before they forget the part they played in the story. I don’t want to be a round character with a full range of emotions; it’s hard to have a full range of emotion. I always feel like I stand out, awkward and extremely aware of who I am and what I am doing. I want to forget. I want to be remembered for my excitement, my information and then forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment